Menorrhagia is a highly treatable condition that affects 1 out of every 5 women. NovaSure is a simple, safe procedure that removes the lining of the uterus to reduce or eliminate bleeding. No Hormones. No Hysterectomy.
- Procedure takes approximately 4 minutes
- Simple, 90-second treatment
- Proven safe and effective
- Requires no pretreatment
- Convenient—can be performed at any time during the menstrual cycle
- Rapid recovery
- Excellent success rate
- Removes uterine lining while preserving uterus
Talking To Your Doctor About Heavy Periods (Menorrhagia)
Maybe you’ve never discussed your heavy bleeding with your doctor and you’re not sure where to start. Relax—it’s a problem that affects 1 out of every 5 women, and your doctor is there to help. So don’t be hesitant or embarrassed to bring it up at your next visit.
If getting the conversation started seems hard, try one of these openers:
- “I’d like to ask you a few questions about my menstrual cycle…”
- “I’ve noticed that my periods are different than they used to be…”
- “I’ve heard that a lot of women are getting treated for heavy periods… is this something I should consider?”
Before Your Visit
If possible, keep a journal to track your bleeding for a few cycles. Or try to jot down notes from memory about your last few cycles. Take it with you to your next appointment. It should include the following information:
- Number of days bleeding
- What type of protection you need each day (for example, light pantiliner or heavy pad, light or more absorbent tampon, or even double protection)
- How frequently you need to change protection each day
- If you notice any clots in your flow
- Any other symptoms (such as fatigue, cramps, irritability, etc)
Questions To Ask The Doctor At Your Visit
- What might be causing my heavy bleeding?
- Do I need to have any tests?
- Is treatment right for me?
- What are my treatment options? What does each one involve?
- What is the best treatment for me?
- What types of treatments do you perform?
- What success rates have you had with each?
- Are there other patients you have treated that I could contact?
Download this PDF to see how NovaSure compares to other treatment options for menorrhagia.